Couldn't find anything on Google, so thought I'd add my two cents... I host one annually, lost 9% of my weight in a month, so here are the basics.
- Eat like a pig before slaughter ahead of the initial weigh-in. Tons of salt leading up to it.
- Once you start, eat less and exercise more (duh).
- No beer - get used to drinking wine and vodka sodas.
- Drink tons of water all day. Ideally drink soda water - fills you up and has no calories. Cut it back 24 hours before your weigh-in.
- Keep fruit around all the time. Eat nothing but fruit before 12pm every day.
- 24 hours before the weigh-in, put a warm tracksuit on and hit the boxing gym for an hour.
more as I think of it....
[I still lost the competition - amazing to think there are people even more obsessive than me]