1) Having passed the full size of Denmark, Finland, Norway and Belgium today, VOW GY closed at the same size as the Netherlands (all of it)
2) It's market cap *gain* from Friday's close to today's close is equal the *total* size of IBM's market cap
3) At it's peak today VOW was bigger than GE and, if listed in the US, it would have qualified to be the second largest weight in the SPX
4) From peak to close VOW lost market cap equal to Altria (AKA Philip Morris)
5) All this happened on just US$5.9 of value traded
6) If you took VOW's market cap increase today and used it to buy 2009 Jetta Sedans, you would have enough cars nose-to-nose to stretch three-quarters of the circumference of the globe
7) You wouldn't do this exercise with the Jetta because... Chuck Norris drives a Touareg. [from another trader]
it's fine to be underweight stocks, don't be short them...